Diamonds are a mesmerizing example of nature at work, but these 2014 diamond finds are more like nature working overtime!
- True Blue – a 122.52 carat blue diamond was mined in South Africa. At its 2014 sale, it brought a cool $27 million. Blue diamonds are rare, and one of this size is unheard of.
- Double Diamond Delight – It’s rare to mine one 160+ carat diamond. So when two were found in the same mine, that’s a major windfall. One weighed in at 161.74 carats, while its ‘sibling’ tipped the scale at 162.06 carats.
- 90+ Carats of Diamond Dazzle– An ultra-rare Type IIa diamond was found in Angola strutting a weight of 95.45. No further word on its quality, but the stone is an irregular shape measuring an astounding 25mm by 20mm by 16mm
- South Africa Blue – a 29.9 carat blue rough diamond, found in South Africa, was described as an “outstanding vivid blue with extraordinary saturation, tone, and clarity, and has the potential to yield a polished stone of great value and importance.”
- Finders Keepers – This is more about the story, than the diamond yielded. A lucky 14 year old found a 3.85 canary yellow diamond while visiting Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas. Anyone who finds a diamond gets to keep it at this brilliant park!
Allurez is the premier designer and retailer of high quality fine jewelry with a brand name known to royals as well as to the rich and famous. We are committed to providing you with the largest and the finest selection of engagement rings, wedding bands, bridal jewelry, fine fashion jewelry, and certified loose diamonds. Go ahead, browse our store, and find your perfect jewel!